Friday, January 6, 2012

Cotton Bowl Chronicles part 1

It started with an text message from my friend Betsy. "want to work with AP photographers on the sidelines for the Cotton Bowl?"

Obviously my response was a definite YES!!!!!!

This is a fantastic case of knowing someone (Betsy) who knows someone (Kevin) who knows someone (Matt!)

The drive down through Oklahoma yesterday was beautiful. The weather was great. Several K-Staters smiled and waved as we passed each other. I couldn't help but laugh at the sense of unity I felt driving south on 35. Lots of purple heading down to cheer on our Cats.

I took a little detour to Durant to catch up with my good friend Sara. It was fun to see her again and meeting her adorable daughter who just turned 2.

I headed to the big D this morning to meet up with Besty but as I was driving to meet her I "happened" to drive past IKEA and of course had to stop. Once again I was struck by this strange sense of unity as I saw a ton of K-Staters doing some shopping of their own at IKEA. Several high fives were shared as we walked past each other. I couldn't be more excited for the Cotton Bowl tonight!



P.S. We will be working with AP photog Matthew Otero. (google him, he has taken some AWESOME pics)

2 comments:

Dmarie said...

wow, love that you had the chance to work the cotton bowl in that way!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady!! You were #11 on the giveaway... and guess what number was chose? #11!!

E-mail me with your mailing address at:

megnificentlife [at] gmail [dot] com

...and I will get that adorable headband to you ASAP! :)

Thanks for reading, as always!