Monday, January 7, 2008

my heart hurts...

Its been a tough few days back to work as one of my students and former cheerleaders was in a pretty serious car wreck over break. She's still in a coma and right now we are just waiting on her to wake up... When I forget why it is that I do what I do, I am quickly reminded when tears stream down my face because of the scary thought that one of my kids might not make it.

And what a difference a few minutes can make....Saturday night in front of a packed house at WSU in a game that went into overtime Southeast beat East in what could possibly be the most incredible high school basketball I will ever witness in my lifetime. About a hour after the game ended the unthinkable happened. One of our coaches, lost his son.

A coach, a teacher, a pastor, a friend...is now dealing with not only the death of his son but the outrageous fact that his son's life was cut shot by an act of violence. My heart hurts...

No comments: