Monday, December 24, 2007

A new blog...

I don't even remember the last time that I posted on my other blog, so after being inspired by a dear friend from reading hers I decided to start up another one.

I love this time of year. I have been praying since shortly after Thanksgiving that my eyes would be opened and that I would continually be reminded of the true reason of Christmas. I don't know how many years have passed that I have been so caught up in the "hustle and bustle" of the season that I forget to stop and focus on Jesus.

After arriving at my aunt & uncle's house shortly before the blizzard set-in on Saturday I was reminded once again how blessed I am with the family that God placed me in. I forget how much I enjoy being around my aunts and uncles and cousins. A personal highlight was getting to talk to my dear cousin Caleb for a few brief moments. He's spending Christmas on the other side of the world and I was reminded that it is truly moments like these that remind me that the God we serve is big enough. He's big enough to hold us.

3 comments:

Kelli B said...

yay for your new blog!!! I'm excited to read it.

that's so great you got a chance to talk with Caleb. How is he doing?

chewie said...

Hey Mandy keep up the good work!

Carmen said...

I'm glad to see you back in "blog world". I'll check in now and then. :)