Wednesday, July 6, 2011

different.

One of my prayers anytime I get the opportunity to leave the country is that I will return different. Whether that be with a fresh perspective, a greater appreciation for "home," a deeper understanding of the Lord, a bigger heart for people and the world... Regardless of how the Lord has answered that prayer, the thing is, HE was faithful to answer once again.

The part that has been hard in all this, has not been getting over jet lag but trying to figure out how to sum it all up. How can I even begin to put in to words everything I saw and experienced? How do I explain why pieces of my hearts are now scattered about in another part of the world?

A friend of mine summed it up so well this afternoon. She didn't ask about my trip, she just said, "You're back and you're different. You left part of yourself there." Our conversation ended and my heart was light and I realized, that's it.

If there is anything that I want you to know it's just that.

I'm back. 
I'm different and I left part of myself there.

I can't express what I saw and what I experienced. (I can show you pictures and try.) However, I am excited to share with you the stories of the people that captured my heart and the lessons I learned from the people I met, the things I saw and the things I experienced that the Lord used to answer my prayer that I would return different.

No comments: