So with that, in no particular order, I give you yet another "list."
20 things I learned in my 20's.
- I am a starving extrovert. (i.e. I need people, good people in my life, ALL the time.)
- Presence Matters. Show up. Listen. Pay attention. Be there. Laugh. Cry. Hug. It doesn't matter that you don't know what to say or even what to do, just be there.
- It is TRULY a privilege to be involved in the lives of people. (sure it's messy, but it's what we are called to do.)
- Old Spice Fiji is one of my most favorite discoveries. (don't judge.)
- Having a group of women that come together on a weekly basis is VITAL. (I so LOVED the times that K, J, E, K and I met together when I first moved to Wichita. Now I have my MNGP's.)
- It is good for me to leave the country!
- I am a verbal processor. (probably have known that all my life, but owned that fact in my 20's)
- Saying "NO!" is necessary, even VITAL to maintaining one's sanity.
- I am an ESFJ!
- Buying a house isn't as scary as some make it out to be.
- "Growing up" is hard but unavoidable, or so it seems. :)
- Traveling is much easier when you have a large backpack.
- I LOVE color!
- It is wise (and GREAT fun) to be involved in the lives of people of all ages. I LOVE that I have friends who have been a part of my life for 20 years. I LOVE that I have known Flan, Abe and Bird since they were born. I LOVE the friendships that I have with people of all ages.
- Journaling is a beautiful thing. (made even better when using a Foray.) The funny thing about journals is that they provide brief glimpses into my heart and mind from years, months, even days ago.
- Pray specifically. Know what's going on in the lives of the people around you and pray specifically. It is truly one of my greatest joys to pray for the people in my life.
- Good bucket days are the best.
- Love. Don't fix. It was a hard lesson for me to learn (and probably one that I need to keep learning) but it was HUGE for me to realize the importance of loving people right where they are at and not trying to "fix" them.
- Some of the greatest people who have crossed my path in this decade I have had the privilege to call my students.
- Apparently I am really easy to surprise. I have been blessed by having two surprise birthday parties in light of this new decade that is approaching.
To sum up all that I have learned in my 20's is that I.AM.BLESSED! Thanks for being a part of my life. I am who I am because of the people that the Lord has put across my path.
Honestly I am looking forward to seeing what this whole "30" thing is all about...